Our Group Executive Committee
The Executive Committee exists to support the Group Scout Leader in meeting the responsibilities of their appointment.
Members of the Executive Committee must act collectively as charity trustees of the Scout Group, and in the best interests of its members to: SV
- Comply with the Policy, Organisation and Rules of The Scout Association.
- Protect and maintain any property and equipment owned by and/or used by the Group
- Manage the Group finances.
- Provide insurance for people, property and equipment.
- Provide sufficient resources for Scouting to operate. This includes, but is not limited to, supporting recruitment, other adult support, and fundraising activities.
- Promote and support the development of Scouting in the local area.
- Manage and implement the Safety Policy locally
- Ensure that a positive image of Scouting exists in the local community.
- Appoint and manage the operation of any Sub Committees, including appointing Chairmen to lead the sub-Committees.
- Ensure that Young People are meaningfully involved in decision making at all levels within the Group.
- The opening, closure and amalgamation of Sections in the Group as necessary. The Executive Committee must also:
- Appoint Administrators, Advisers, and Co-opted members of the Executive Committee
- Approve the Annual Report and Annual Accounts after their examination by an appropriate auditor, independent examiner or scrutineer.
- Present the Annual Report and Annual Accounts to the Scout Council at the Annual General Meeting; file a copy with the District Executive Committee; and if a registered charity, appropriate charity regulator. (See Rule 13.3)
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to appropriate Executive Committee business.
A place to explore, adventure and learn
Our varied and exciting programme offers hundreds of activities, from camping and hiking to climbing and rafting. Young people can also achieve their badges in such diverse subjects as PR, electronics and entertainment.
HIRE OUR HQ
Hold your next event at our HQ